1. Medical Sciences: Ranging from pharmaceuticals to nursing, dentistry, biomedical engineers, the medical sciences records the lowest unemployment rate all over the world. As long as there are human beings in the world, there will always be a need for humans to be in health and good shape. As the human population is increasing, the demand for health professionals and caregivers will surely increase. Medical professions ranging from nurses, pharmacists, doctors, even caregivers, will continue to be in demand.
2. Sales: Every corporate organization is selling either a product or service and no company can thrive without selling. Therefore, salesmen and women are constantly in demand will be in even more demand as more companies spring up and the competition in the labor market increases. Social skills, emotional intelligence, customer service skills among other skills will help smoothen interaction with customers thereby increasing patronage and are, therefore, essential in selling. Not only will these skills be in demand, but they will also increase in demand.
3. Financial Managers, Business Administrators & Marketers: They help oversee and manage the financial health of any organization. Marketers help develop plans and strategies to gain customers or clients. Degrees in marketing, finance, business administration are well paid and are in high demand because they help organizations manage financial reports to identify where cost reduction can be done. They also direct investment strategies and develop long-term plans to reach the organization’s financial goals. The increase in demand for these professions in the next 6 years is estimated at 19%.
4. Aviation: According to ICAO, the air transport industry is expanding and the future of aviation is a bright one. They explained that the aviation sector is growing fast and will continue to grow. The most recent estimates suggest that the demand for air transport will increase by an average of 4.3% per annum over the next 20 years. Over time, underdeveloped and developing countries will be more developed and more people will be able to travel by air. Air transportation will be a more frequent form of transportation in most countries in the world. The human population will also increase and more airplanes will be produced. Thus, the need for more pilots, aircraft manufacturers, and the entire airline industry will increase.
5. Information Technology & System Software Developers: Many companies now operate using technology. The majority of companies cannot thrive without technology. Therefore, technology has come to stay. Computer systems managers are one of the highest-paid currently and their value continues to appreciate. Courses such as computer science, Information technology, Software Engineering, programming, web design, Computer networks, Software Development, Computer Hardware Engineering, and Networking are currently needed with growing demand. Those who specialize in system software design, design operating systems, and creating custom systems for organizations are not only highly paid but will increase in demand shortly. Projected growth in 10years is 30%.
6. Architecture: This is the art of designing and constructing buildings. Architectures solve design challenges, direct and oversee activities for architectural companies, lead research and development projects. The need for shelter is an ongoing one and will continue to increase as the world’s population increases. As the population continues to grow, the need for home designs and structures that can accommodate the growing world population will also increase. Architecture, therefore, is a career for our present age and the future. Those who set up their own architectural practice even have more to gain as they take the big bucks home.
7. Actuarial science: Investopedia describes actuarial science as a discipline that assesses financial risks in the insurance and finance fields, using mathematical and statistical methods. Actuarial science applies the mathematics of probability and statistics to define, analyze, and solve the financial implications of uncertain future events. Degrees in mathematics, statistics, economics are related disciples. Now and over the years, companies need these statisticians to predict the turnout of financial investments and minimize risks as no company can grow without finance. As more companies and businesses spring up, actuarial science professionals will be in higher demand.
8. Engineering: They use scientific principles and mathematics to solve real-world problems. Engineers are very calculative in bringing solutions to everyday problems. This makes them very relevant in the workspace. Types of Engineering such as software, chemical, mechanical, computer hardware, petroleum, nuclear, aeronautical, telecommunications engineering are in demand and will always be because Engineers solve real-world problems.
9. Artificial Intelligence and Robotics: There is a prediction that by the year 3,000, technology and machines will have taken over major job markets. Believe it or not, machines are here to stay as the world becomes more technologically advanced. Programmed machines such as robots that have some functionality, can help with tasks, and help solve problems ranging from domestic to transportation, security, food, communication are all being invented, reinvented, and produced. As these machines are being produced, so will the producers be in demand. Artificial intelligence and robotics is definitely a career for now, and the future.
10. Bio-Technology: NTNU describes biotechnology as a technology that utilizes biological systems, living organisms, or parts of this to develop or create different products. According to Ckscience, biotechnology offers new, improved, and adapted crops to reduce poverty and can increase food security for a growing global population. Weforum also said that Biotechnology can help address many global problems, such as climate change, an aging society, food security, energy security, and infectious diseases, to name just a few. Biotechnology is very useful in our modern age and even more important in the future.
What is your career choice? This will determine your course of study. Our partner Institutions in over 30 countries have your desired course of study as well as well recognized degree certificates. Browse through schools here and start applying!